Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Handmade Dream

Etsy's dream of a handmade site is becoming more like a resellers paradise everyday!

I have lost count as to how many items I personally have flagged, some have been removed, others not. I will say I was really upset about a listing awhile back, actually made me sick to see it listed on Etsy, it took Etsy a couple of days but it was removed, for that I'm thankful.

Some people say it shouldn't be our job to flag items that don't belong on Etsy, some say if we don't Etsy will become another Ebay. According to a Storque article Etsy only has 3 on staff who monitor flagged items coming in. Well I hate to tell them they really need a whole heck of a lot more, but then why should they as long as they have members doing the job for them.

Do you believe Etsy members should be the ones doing the flagging or should Etsy step up to the plate and hire more staff to do the job?

No comments: